Monday, April 30, 2012

Blog Virgin

Okay, so I know that blogs are uber popular and all that, but I never really knew of anything I deemed important enough to write about.  I love to write, and I love to talk about myself even more, so a blog should be a natural fit for me.  However, I didn't become really interested until my older brother decided that he would use one in his quest to better himself.  I don't see how I could get any better than I already am, so while I deem his quest a noble one, I have decided that I shall follow the honored tradition of monkey see, monkey do. 

I'm not sure what I intend to discuss, but I hope to make it as pleasurable for you, my adoring audience, as possible.  I have this idea that my blog won't be about just one thing, ideally a hodge-podge of creative, whimsical, hilarious things that come to mind.  So, consider this inaugural post an introduction of sorts.

Since this is my introduction to you, I should probably tell you a little about myself. Obviously my name is Jessicca.  I am a female, 24 years young, married for seven years, and the mother to the two cutest kids on the freaking planet.  That's right, and if you try and tell me that your children are smarter, prettier, or more fun to be around I just won't believe it because it's simply not possible.

I have a four-year old son (who will probably inspire 98% of my blogs) named Connor Lathan.  I birthed him when I was twenty years old and still in college.  My mother helped me raise him into the little monkey turd he is today.  I have big dreams for my oldest hatchling which include but are not limited to: astronaut, nautical captain, President, doctor, lawyer, and/or my eventual caregiver when I'm hundreds of years old.  Basically, whichever field allows him to have lots of money to keep me up.  After all, I'll be doing it for him for 18+ years. 

Connor & Temperance
I have a four-month old daughter named Temperance Roiannah (nick-named Tempe or Sissy).  I always wanted a girl and now I finally have one.  She is at once Connor's bestest friend and his arch-nemesis in his quest for my attention.  She is my miracle baby.  She gave me lots of problems during pregnancy, put me on bed rest, and added tons of gray hairs to my head.  When she was born, her lung collapsed and she had to set up shop in the NICU for a week.  Doctors kept telling us that she would pull through and it wasn't all that bad as far as newborn baby health issues were concerned, but when you're infant is covered in tubes and monitors, you start thinking worst-case scenario stuff.  Anyways, she made a quick recovery and now she's healthy, happy, and chunky monkey.  I also suspect that she will add some pizazz to my posting.  While my husband works all of the time, my mother and father-in-law are pitching in to help raise her and Connor.  I know, it takes a village, right?

I am married, to quite possibly the biggest idiot I've ever met.  Okay, I know that's not fair- I haven't met that many people.  I'm just kidding...unless you know him, then you totally know what I'm talking about, right?  We married when I was eighteen, thought we knew it all, discovered we didn't, fought a lot, made up a lot, and created two human beings together.  Whew, that's a big roller coaster ride to fit into seven years!  He works a lot to support us, which is good for me so I can stay home with my tax deductions...children, but that also means that parenting falls solely to moi from Monday-Friday(ish).  So while he does play an important role in my existence, I don't really foresee him playing a huge role in my blogs.  Sorry, I just don't like to discuss my marital affairs with total strangers.  I save that misery for the people nearest and dearest.  Yes, it is totally okay to feel sorry for them.  I'm sure they've started a donation box somewhere for the sedatives they may or may not need to tolerate my nearness...and dearness I suppose.  That's totally a word!

Speaking of the weirdest nearest and dearest, I have a brother who is four years older than me (I mentioned him earlier).  We haven't always appreciated one another...and we probably don't now.  But, he's my confidante and competition for mommy's affection (you never really grow out of it I suspect).  He now lives four hours away and I really do miss seeing him whenever I want.  Sure, I didn't want to see him that often when he was fifteen minutes up the road, but I find that I want to see him way more now that I have to put much more effort into spending time with him. 

I do have a four-year college degree/education in Social Sciences.  I know, I know I totally blew it by not following the science route and becoming head brain doctor person, or not following the history route and becoming head viper in the lawyer pit.  Believe me, my mother reminds me of my educational shortcomings with almost every breath.  And no, I'm not currently doing anything productive with my fancy, expensive degree.  Also don't need to be reminded of that any more in this lifetime , thank you mother!  Social Sciences, Anthropology, and Theology just attracted me like a moth to a flame and I couldn't take anymore of those classes while maintaining a science-centric curriculum.

I love to read.  My shelves are stocked with a very odd, eclectic assortment of literature.  A little Tolstoy, romance novels, how-to-psychic books, mystery, horror- you see where I'm going with this.  Anything that interests me.  I also love to write.  I've written exactly one completed work, a romance novel...and it is a trunk novel for ever.  I tried getting it published, but it never really panned out.  So, I lost interest in writing for quite some time.  It's hard to maintain passion about something when no one wants to read what you've written.  So, the time has come for me to gather my gumption once more and dive back into writing.  What better way to get my feet wet than creating a blog, right?

So, there ya go.  I probably forgot lots, embellished some, and glossed over a little, but I just wouldn't be human  if I didn't.  Please enjoy my random, crazy, beautiful life!  Also, if you ever see a novel published by me, please buy a copy for yourselves and everyone you know.  Annoy them with the constant musing, sharing, and raving of my complete awesomeness.  Thanks a bunch!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment