Saturday, December 15, 2012

Doomsday

If you're like me, you've seen A LOT of hub-bub on television, social media, magazines, etc about the end of the world, as we know it. Some documentaries are more terrifying than others. I just watched Earth 2100 on the History Channel, which by the way, immediately followed a program about Nostradamus and all that rubbish. I like the saying "For we know not the hour or the day..." and I'm okay with that. There's way too much worry and gut-twisting involved with the old watching, waiting, worrying technique.

If you have common sense or a working brain at all, you know that the world is indeed in a sad shape. There's war, political corruption and intrigue, famine, and tragic cases of humans turning on fellow humans. I must say that yesterday's school shootings are weighing heavy on my mind. I couldn't even begin to imagine something like that happening to my community and my heart truly breaks for those poor mothers and families in Connecticut.

I'm no theologian, and I'm no astrologist either- but things only seem to get worse. But, thus is the rise and fall of societies and species alike. I will venture so far as to say that we depend far too much on technology and the government to lead us. We need to have our own thoughts and means for support. We need good, honest, hard-working officials to lead us instead of using every legal-and illegal- trick in the book to steal from us.

What about you? Are you sick of sensational journalism and media? Are you anxiously watching your calendar and wondering if the Mayans were correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment