Friday, July 20, 2012

Cruelty

    From time to time, I'm actually shocked and awed by the cruelty of the human race.  Let me rephrase- maybe people have always been unreasonably cruel to each other and the advent of international, cheap, easily accessed media have brought more public awareness.  Either way, we live in some bad times.

   We hear of substance abuse, elder abuse, child abuse, animal abuse, spousal abuse- the nightly news is a horror story of irrational behavior!  Some murder is warranted, I suppose.  Like self-defense, you're protecting yourself or your family from harm.  It's violent, but sometimes it's necessary for good to triumph over evil to keep the universal scales in balance. 

    Today, I heard about the 'Colorado Theatre' shootings.  What a sorrowful, pointless waste of human lives!  Why would someone want or plan to do such a cruel thing to complete strangers?  My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the people involved in the shooting.  I couldn't imagine such a tragedy!

    I keep hoping that the human race can learn from our macabre past mistakes, but I don't think it's going to happen.  This is a terrible, horrible place and time to live in, folks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment