Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goals

     We all need to aspire to something.  It's healthy to strive toward greater heights- as long as you don't place unreasonable expectations on yourself.  For example, I will never be a painter and have my artwork displayed in posh museums and all that.  But, I feel that becoming a popular romance writer is within reason.

     While I was editing my first novel, City of Sin, Connor asked me what I was doing and why I was doing it.  I told him I wanted to send my book in for publication *keeping my fingers eternally crossed* because I wanted to better our lives and be famous.  No problem with killing two birds with one stone, right?

    He asked me what I would do if they bought my book and I thought for a minute.  I recalled a day, a couple of months ago, when we were watching television and a promotional travel commercial for Australia came on.  Connor said he wanted to go see the 'Kang-roos' and the Great Whites.  So, now I've decided that if I land a big, reliable contract, Connor and I will board a plane for Australia where we will visit Steve Irwin's zoo and hopefully not get eaten by ravenous, Great White Sharks.  Australia is a pretty dangerous place!

:. Connor & I Will See This One Day! .:

No comments:

Post a Comment