Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hurricane: Passwords

If you're like me, you'll sign up for anything. I have accounts to pages I forget I have. Who can keep up with everything from multiple facebook pages, email accounts, on-line banking, amazon, twitter... See what I mean?

And forget letting your computer remember them all! That's fast tracking your way to HackHood- super fast! Why do we do this to ourselves? I want to keep up with the times and keep track of old buddies and family members, but I'm really rooting for the resurrection of snail mail! It's pretty easy to get ahold of someone's mailing address- a little harder to get someone's phone number.

I like websites like Triberr (Thanks for helping me find & work with it Paloma Beck). It's a site where you can log on with an existing facebook or twitter account. You can post one link there and have it shared to all of your other accounts. I'm sure it can do lots more fun stuffs, but I'm still learning the ropes.

Maybe I should start a super secret notebook where I write down all my nutty passwords? But then I'd probably forget where I hid the damn thing. I'm pitiful!
:.Could I Get This With A Padlock, Please?.:

3 comments:

  1. I agree Jessicca,I am always forgetting which password goes with which account. So now my daughter has written them all down on a large sheet of paper and stuck it on my office wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessicca, I keep all mine in a journal sized book and not a day goes by that I don't have to look something up. There's no way we can remember all this stuff. The book is messy and crammed with entries, many of which are defunct sites I don't use anymore (like geocities). I have a new book to transfer the viable ones into but have been procrastinating that chore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I just don't trust myself not to lose or other people not to find this notebook, lol. I dunno what that says about my insane-level of paranoia ;)

    See, Flossie! Now you'll have two books to keep up with :P You're making it difficult again with the introduction of Viable Notebook ;) J/K. Non-Viable Notebook will be so jealous.

    ReplyDelete